Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jords
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Keep getting really low signal on one device

Go to solution

Not long ago been upgraded to BT infinity, It is a lot better for everything except from my iPhone 5s,

The connection doesnt drop, It just seems as though the it gets really low signal strength (Even though the indicator at the top says full signal)

I play 8 ball pool and Clash Of Clans, Clash of clans displays a logo indicating low signal randomly, And I have to close and re-open the app, 8 Ball Pool says connection is low and will cut me off my game constantly, On any other wi-fi it will work properly and I can even use an App on my Windows PC to set up a hotspot and it will work fine, So I know its not the device, I have reset everything on my phone, reset the Hub, Turned it off for 10 seconds and turn it back on, All to try resolve the issue but nothing has helped.

Sometimes Safari even takes a while to load, I do speed tests on my phone and its saying 30Mbps+,

I cannot understand the problem, Everything else in the house is absolutaley fine, And I know for sure it is not the device, Hope someone can help come up with a resolution!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Keep getting really low signal on one device

Go to solution

What have you tried?

Turning off smart setup?

Split the 2 networks ad select channels manually?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jords
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

The only things I have tried is resetting all the settings on my iPhone, Pressing the reset button on the hub and turning the hub completely off for 10 seconds and back on again,

Could you explain them two methods you mentioned and what they do? And what else is there to try, This really is a pain.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Try turning Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Also try separating the SSIDs.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

"

Devices where there are known to be problems include:

• Some Apple devices including iPhone 5 and Apple TV

• some Android smartphones

• Xbox<

"

0 Ratings
Jords
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Will any of these methods affect any of the other devices in the house? As there are android phones and computers on this network also.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@Jords wrote:

Will any of these methods affect any of the other devices in the house? As there are android phones and computers on this network also.

No, but I would only change the name of the 5Ghz SSID, otherwise you will have to alter the settings on other devices. If you have any devices that connect to 5GHz SSID, then you would have to update their settings.

Turning Smart Wirelss off, and manually selecting channel 13, can also help, as channel 13 is not normally used.

0 Ratings
Jords
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Would you not be able to change the channel for just my device or would you have to change it for all of them?

Also looking around I find this;

If you’re having problems with poor wireless range or speed, first click on the ‘Refresh’ button. Your Hub will search again for the best channel. (Please wait approximately one minute for your Hub to automatically pick the new channel.)

Will this do anything to help the issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

You cannot change channel for 1 device. When you change channel then it applies to all devices that connect to that network. The refresh button is if you leave channel selection on automatic

The suggestion is to select channel manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jords
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

And If I change the channel would all the devices have to log in again or would they remain logged in?

And so refresh would not help at all?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Changing the channel wil make no difference to the wifi devices they will automatically change channel and you have nothing to do. Only if you change the network or network SSID would you have to log each device back in

0 Ratings