Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jords
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Keep getting really low signal on one device

Go to solution
I will have ago at changing the channel tomorrow when I'm on my PC again and I will give you an update then, is channel 13 the best one To go for do you think?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Some routers do not have 13 so you can try that first and see if it helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jords
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Right, 

I have changed channels on my hub and it didnt work, I have not messed about with any other settings, But tonight while playing games I was watching what devices were on what network weather that was 2.4ghz or 5ghz and heres what I noticed,

Other android devices in the house sat calmly in there network, Moved rarely, But my phone kept jumping. I played a few full games in 2.4ghz and nothing happened, Completely fine connection and not kicked off. Then I lost connection and got cut out, I noticed it had jumped to 5ghz. After this things were fine for about a minute and I kept loosing connection, Still in 5ghz.

I kept an eye on it and I lost connection once more and saw it jumped back to 2.4ghz, After this it was fine for a while until I lost connection and it went to 5ghz, Where again it played up loosing connection until I went back to 2.4ghz,

Can anyone tell me what the problem is here? It works perfectly on 2.4 but its when It goes to 5 it all goes wrong, I do not want to turn 5ghz off as there are other users in the house on this,

Is this a hardware or software problem with my phone? Or is it a known issue, Also I doubt it but could it be a issue with bt?

Is there anyway at all I can restrict my device only to 2.4 ghz and leave the others alone?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

I would split the networks like I said but just log the problem phone into the 2.4ghz network and not the 5ghz network that way it will not be able to connect to the 5ghz network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Jords
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I did as you said and split the networks, And now I am on 2.4ghz and is working perfectly!

Can finally do things without interuption, Thanks again!

0 Ratings