cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Klarstein wonderwall smart heater connection issue.

I'm trying to connect a Klarstein wonderwall smart infrared heater to my home network.

I have a bt homehub2.

The heater requires to connect to the 2.4GHz wifi via the klarstein app.

However it wont connect.

I've tried switching off the 5.0 GHz wifi, but it still wont connect.

The Klarstein app advises that I setup Sub net. However i believe I cannot do this with a homehub 2.

Does anyone have experience of this issue, or have a work around.

All advice appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Klarstein wonderwall smart heater connection issue.

The reason for turning off the 5Ghz on the hub is to ensure your phone is using the 2.4Ghz band so that it can connect in ad-hoc mode via the app to your smart device. Make sure the phone is using the 2.4Ghz band.

The Klarstein app advises that I setup Sub net. No idea what is intended by that unless the device has a fixed IP address in a different subnet to the Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

"Are the router, Klarstein device and smartphone in the immediate vicinity during the
connection attempt? (Ideally no more than 5 m apart)"

10032781_BDA_Wonderwall_Smart_720_Infrarot-Heizung_Klarstein.indd (cloudinary.com)

1. If it still doesn't work, reset the wifi on the smart device by pressing and holding the M button for 5 seconds until you hear the beep; the WiFi setting will reset and the blue light will flash rapidly (twice per second).
  2. Download the app onto your mobile (if you haven't already)
  3. Switch off the 5GHz carrier on your router 
  4. With all parts within 5m of each other, check that your mobile is connected to the 2.4 GHz carrier on your hub and try again.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thank you will try boxing day and update you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you.
I have had the radiator next to the router, but still no joy.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Sucessful update - I got the radiator connected to the wifi after I'd switched off the 5Ghz channel and switched off the wifi direct settings on my mobile phone.

I had to force the phone to only use the 2.4 channel and not search for 5Ghz channel.

0 Ratings