cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

LG TV source says BT TV south

Go to solution

I'm not sure where to post this, its not a problem, I'm just curious.

I have BT halo 1 with no TV.  I have a TP Link Archer VR2800 modem. I have a Humax freeview play FVP4000T with an aerial connection to freeview, connected to my broadband for catchup, etc.,  connected to an LG TV.  

On the TV source menu for HDMI3 which is the Humax input, its labelled "BT TV south". I don't have BT TV, where does the label come from? I expected it to be vanilla freeview.

Apart from the label, is any part of my freeview routed through BT? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: LG TV source says BT TV south

Go to solution

Don't know where your TV will have picked up the label but you can change the name the HDMI labels to anything you want.

This might not be your model but the principal will be the same.

LG TV 7000-PUB How to rename HDMI inputs - YouTube

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Probably the only thing you can do is to change the name on the HDMI label on your LG tv. Plenty of advice on how to do this if you search the web depending on your Tv model.

problem you are experiencing is down to how LG and Humax Freeview play device are interpreting each other’s data.  It maybe that they are not distinguishing between Humax Freeview play devices and Humax Youview devices. As you indicate there is no BT device involved.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@AlecJames if you're TV has an changed label on a HDMI port, there's the possibility that you've been sold either a demo model or a return

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @NigelB72 this seems the most likely answer.  I cant remember the condition of the box when it came, it wasn't obviously repacked, but this must be it.