Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kmccarty
Message 1 of 5

LaCie NAS & HH3 Remote Access

Hello Everyone,

I recently got into the world of NAS drives as i needed to offload a ton of media/itunes off a near full harddrive. This was a resounding success and on my network the NAS fuctions brilliantly. I have a LaCie 2Big NAS 6TB connected directly into my BT HomeHub 3 router.

I then set out to see if i could gain access to my NAS from the outside world so i could handle large files and projects via shares, something that would be amazing. However, when i am trying to configure my NAS for remote access via FTP(port:21)/HTTPS (Port:443) the red status light stays on in my NAS software with a notice stating that Port 443/21 is in use or your router is not compatable with UPnP-IGD/NAT-PMP. I thought this might be a case of port forwarding so i added those ports to the portforward section of my Hub settings and assigned them to my NAS device. This doesnt seem to be working out and the red status still shows, even after restart of both LaCie and HH3. 

Im quite new to networking but am generally really good with technology so this has really got me scratching my head. I have tried various security settings like disabling PnP security/firewalls etc. to no avail. is it that the HH3 doesnt support those protocols? or have a missed a step?

Edit: I have ticked the box that says "static IP" in the HH3 settings for my NAS also to no avail

Many Thanks 

Kris

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: LaCie NAS & HH3 Remote Access

This page should help.

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
kmccarty
Message 3 of 5

Thanks ill check out those guides!
0 Ratings
kmccarty
Message 4 of 5

Ok New issue,

When im setting up those port forwarding applications and i select them in the Configuration pane, they suddenly change from just NAS (as i named them) to NASRainbowSix or something and i cannot add them to the list any longer, when i look at the application setting it has changed the ports i assigned too. conflict maybe?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You need to port forward to the static IP address, forget about device names, use the "user defined" option, and enter the static IP address of the NAS, as shown in this VPN example.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/vpnimages/define1.JPG

That IP should be the IP address of the NAS, as defined within the NAS setup, and be outside of the DHCP range, to avoid any conflicts with existing devices. Its all shown within the working examples.

I would suggest giving the NAS the IP address of 192.168.1.50.

All applications can then be assigned to that IP  address.

0 Ratings