cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adbailey18
Message 1 of 7

Lag Spikes during combined gaming/streaming

Hi, I've been having an issue when gaming and streaming at the same time, getting excessive lag which makes online gameplay impossible.

Looking at the forums I'm not the only one.

My connection 55/10.  

It's not always been the case but I've started to notice this over the last few months.

Is anything being done about this??

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lag Spikes during combined gaming/streaming

according to ISP Review BT are looking into the problem after numerous posts by forum members

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/08/customers-of-uk-isp-bt-see-multiplayer-lag-spikes-duri...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Adbailey18
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the info. I really hope so, it's not feasible to continue with BT otherwise, which is a shame as I have no other issues with the service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

I've seen the ISP review write up about online gaming.  I do play PS4 online is there alot having issues.

How do we find out if we got bad issues. I played blops 4 and in game pings was bad into 100s and to around 30-40 ish. 

I ran pingplotter on laptop and the graph was allover the place. 

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I would suggest anyone experiencing these issue make their own thread about it with their own PingPlotter graphs showing node (hop) ping and packet loss.

0 Ratings
Adbailey18
Message 6 of 7

I don't have the knowledge, time or patience to do that. If it's not an isolated issue to me and there are others experiencing the same thing then I do hope BT solve it. Otherwise at the end of my contract I'll be switching 👍
0 Ratings
tomjwlx
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I have had issues with online gaming for months also, but because my speeds are what are advertised for my area nothing will get done to help my issue as all BT do is check my speeds and see no problem!
0 Ratings