cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Lag on PS5

Hi Guys,

Did a search but couldn't find anything which seemed relevant.

I'm on BT fttc fibre and have a smart hub 2. I've recently got a ps5 and when I am playing online and my other half starts streaming on her tablet the latency is unreal. This did not happen on the PS4. I have looked through the smart hubs config and can't see anyway to set a priority on the devices or why this would change based on the advice.

Any ideas why this would have changed?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lag on PS5

Do you have Qos enabled on the router.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Gary,

Can't find the setting anywhere? Could you advise where it would be located?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

My mistake, just noticed you are using a Smart Hub 2 which I believe does not have the Quality Of Service function.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

This mightn't be relatively helpful in solving your problem but I invested in a 3rd party router, I chose the TP-Link VR600 V2 for a good price. And not encountered any issues, it's been running smoothly since then. And it works with BT's /56 prefix for IPV6 which is a bonus 

No lag spikes, no reboots. I can understand why the experts on the forum preach 3rd party alternatives as they're considerably better than the provided kit. I wish I did this years ago!

I did have the lag issue with the Smart Hub 2 until I swapped over to 3rd party kit. 

*Edit* - I game on the PS5 myself and haven't encountered lag spikes since the switchover.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings