cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Lag spikes/latency issues when someone is streaming

Hi @edot I'm afraid that our firewall won't allow us to access the ibb platform to view those images, sorry. Can you post them on to the community using the insert photo's link as these will display on your thread?

0 Ratings
edot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Hi Neil,

Thanks for that, I was actually looking for something like that originally but couldn't find it before.

This is without streaming:

Capture.PNG

And this is with:

Capture2.PNG

Hopefully this is what you guys were requesting.

Thanks

0 Ratings
kezza1987
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

I have exactly the same problem (as do many others) I finally got BT to change my connection to a Static IP thinking this would resolve the issue as usually Static IP's have higher priority (Business use) but it has made no difference at all. 

on a 50MB FTTP connection - I have just one PC which I will be Gaming on and one device in the living room Streaming Netflix and the ping spikes from 9ms up to 300+ms every few seconds.

if there are no devices streaming the connection will sit at 9ms all day with no spikes.

BT Seem to be aware but I do not believe they are doing anything to resolve the issue, I believe the only option is to do as others are and leave - Talk Talk or if your lucky enough.. Zen!

0 Ratings
adam_0161
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Hi there,
It's such bad customer service.

Gaming is such a big industry, they should be prioritising it, not putting it at the bottom of the pile!

They are sending an engineer out to me so I'll see what he or she says.

Yes I will be switching back to Sky Fibre.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Hi @kezza1987  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are experiencing high ping when streaming Netflix. We will be happy to see if we can help fix this for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings