Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Laptop not remembering access key

I have a BTHub4 just installed.

My wife's laptop has to have the security code entered every time she switches on the laptop

Also the same thing happens on our wifi radio.

When we had a Sky router this never happened.

Also in passing as you might say my IP camera used to have an URL given to it that I could use to operate the camera ie:192.168.1.xx this does not happen. At the moment I am not at all happy with the BTHub4

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Laptop not remembering access key

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Depending on how your camera is set up you will probably need to change settings for it to work with the new router. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Did some more checking with other devices. My mobile phone, (Win 8.1) My wife's mobile phone (android) and a android tablet all connect to the BTHub4 and remember the WPA key when switched off and switched back on later.

Both the internet radio and the laptop still refuse to remember the log in details.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Try splitting the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless, give them different names.  See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-(wireless-netw... for instructions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

On the Laptop connect to the Homehub as per normal using the wireless passkey from the Homehub.

Once connected click on the wireless icon at the bottom right of your desktop then click on Open network and sharing centre.

On left hand side click on Manage Wireless Networks. Select your Homehub make sure it is at the top of the list of connections. If it isn't, move it up the list.

Double click on the Homehub connection and check that the box "Connect automatically when in range" is ticked. Click OK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi gg30340,

Just checked on your suggestion but it was all ready setup as per your instructions. The original hub was listed so I removed it.

Kinetic

0 Ratings