cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkompany
Message 1 of 7

Laptop restricting Infinity speed

In a nutshell i had a engineer come to check my infinity line as i wasnt getting anything above 18mbps average, did his checks etc and then plugged the ethernet cable from my HH5 to his laptop, which in turn shot up to around 40mbps. He said theres something on my laptop restricting the speed such as firewall so i turned off windows firewall which is the only firewall/anti virus i have. Still no luck, can anyone help please? 

Thanks 

My Laptop is a HP Envy M6-1302SA model 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Laptop restricting Infinity speed

are you connecting the laptop with ethernet cable or wireless?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Check that your Network adaptors have the latest drivers. Use the manufacturers website rather than Windows which can be out of date.

Make sure you have turned your firewall back on.

dkompany
Message 4 of 7

Its connected through ethernet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

check here for update driver http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5394799

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Graham345
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Really dodgy wireless adapters in the Envy range, I had a similiar situation with a Railink adapter in a Lenovo, I disabled it, and bought an Asus N53 USB adapter. My wireless speed at 4 meters, went from 32 Meg to 74 Meg. I can't recommend these Asus jobbies enough.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@Graham345 wrote:

Really dodgy wireless adapters in the Envy range, I had a similiar situation with a Railink adapter in a Lenovo, I disabled it, and bought an Asus N53 USB adapter. My wireless speed at 4 meters, went from 32 Meg to 74 Meg. I can't recommend these Asus jobbies enough.

The OP is connected by ethernet so not a wifi problem  maybe check your network card driver

0 Ratings