Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furdobat
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Laptpop causing Homehub to disconnect from internet

Hi all,

I've got a rather strange problem with my parents' homehub (4 I think).

The hub works perfectly and frequently has 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, 2 laptops and an Amazon Echo connected.

They recently purchased new, albeit secondhand laptops, which I have given new SSDs and installs of Windows 10.

The new laptops cause the hub to disconnect from the internet, the orange light comes on with the red b as soon as they try to connect to the internet.

If I disable both the ethernet and wireless adapters on the laptops the internet reconnects, I've tried multiple times and can recreate the issue without fail.

I've tried factory resetting the hub and fresh installs of Windows but I'm now stumped.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm currently typing this on one of the offending laptops on my own internet connection at home which doesn't have any issues!

Thanks in advance,

Tom

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Laptpop causing Homehub to disconnect from internet

Are the lappys updated with the latest drivers?

0 Ratings
furdobat
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yes they are
0 Ratings
Paul555
Message 4 of 7

Sounds like a windows firewall clash.

Try turning off (disabling) your Windows or Norton firewalls.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Possibly duplicate IP addresses being allocated by the home hub. This disconnecting issue has been mentioned before on this forum.

0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

A quick google throws up a lot of issues similar with Windows 10. May be a case of googling "router disconnecting with Windows 10" and working through the possible fixes.

0 Ratings
furdobat
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve got a FRITZ!Box 3490 to try in place of the hub tonight and I’ll take a look at wireshark to see if it logs any unusual activity as it seems for whatever reason the homehub doesn’t like these particular laptops.
0 Ratings