cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: Latency Issue - Ping Jitter Whilst Streaming

They already confirmed to ispreview that they're working on fixing it.

0 Ratings
Bloodraven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 25

@PaddyBwrote:

Hi @Bloodraven,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're seeing latency on your connection while trying to game. Being a bit of an online gamer myself I can understand how frustrating this can be.

I'd like to take a look at your connection to see if there is anything I can do to improve things. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Ok I've messaged you the details needed paddy thanks

0 Ratings
kmensforth1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Just posting here what i've already messaged you in the private conversation so that other people are made aware and hopefully it gives BT the kick up the backside to get the issue fixed.

I had exactly the same issue with my Fibre Broadband (started roughly December 2018 just after BT started to offer the super fast fibre package in my area), only changing ISP fixed the issue.

DO NOT ALLOW BT TO CONVINCE YOU THAT THE ISSUE IS WITHIN YOUR HOME NETWORK.

It is simply a fact that either their packet prioritization isn't set up for gaming or their network/infrastructure just cant handle the high speeds they're giving everyone.

I was messed about for a solid 3-4 months before finally getting out of my contract and switching to Sky, since the change over the issue magically disappeared.

Bloodraven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 25

@PaddyB  Ok so somebody got in touch with my on August 20th Tuesday and ran a test on my line and found another fault (didn't tell me the type of fault) and then immediately booked an engineer for the 23rd Friday 8am. Great cool, I appreciate that contacting you on the forums actually worked.

Until 22nd August 7pm the night before the scheduled engineer appointment was booked I received a text saying that they had instead cancelled the engineer appointment and decided to refresh the line because that will fix it. First of all I've been told more than once that my line has been refreshed it hasn't achieved anything. Second of all it's a bloody good job I wasn't in work this week, can you imagine having to take time off work just so you can get an engineer to come to your house and it gets cancelled less than only 12 hours before the appointment? It's a bit ridiculous.

I have no faith that refreshing the connection is going to do anything. I know if I complain about this I will just be told to wait x amount of days for it to kick in, forever getting stalled whilst this problem means no more than 1 person can use the internet at a time because its so bad.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Hi @Bloodraven,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry you're engineer appointment was canceled at such short notice. I'm running a few tests on your connection and I'll give you a call in the next few minutes.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Bloodraven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 25

@PaddyBwrote:

Hi @Bloodraven,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry you're engineer appointment was canceled at such short notice. I'm running a few tests on your connection and I'll give you a call in the next few minutes.

Thanks

PaddyB

@PaddyB I believe I missed your call, sorry about that. I'm in all day so whenever you call again I will be able to answer it now.

0 Ratings
-Darren-
Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Hi @PaddyB is this something that  will get fixed globally for everyone or do you need to look into each case? I've had the same issue since december and my patience is running out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 25

Hi @-Darren-,

It's good to see you back on the Community and thank you for posting.

Latency issues have always been around, that does not automatically mean they are being caused by the same issue. There are a number of different reasons why latency can occur on a line and it's important at we rule out a general broadband fault for an increase in latency.

If you're having problems with your connection I would suggest you start your own thread and this will help to give us an indication of how your connection is performing and what can be done to improve things.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Hi @Bloodraven,

Thank you for taking my call.

I've run a few checks on your connection and it does look like there is interference on your line which is most likely contributing to the increase in latency.

We would really need to try an identify what is causing the interference. Connecting to the master socket will help to rule out any internal wiring and I'll follow up with you on Tuesday to see how the connection is performing.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
-Darren-
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Hi @PaddyB It's not good to be back under these circumstances to be honest but thanks for the reply. I've created a thread as you requested https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Jitter-when-video-streaming/td-p/1964370

0 Ratings