cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 211

Re: Latency Variation (Ping Spikes) during online gaming.

I'm not considering leaving BT, would rather get the issue solved by providing as much data as possible rather than complaining and just saying "im gonna leave"

0 Ratings
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 42 of 211

This issue has been going on since December, I doubt BT will ever fix it or they would've fixed it by now. I want to stay positive but the older unsolved threads about this are being swept under the carpet and still not fixed.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 211

Update for today is....

I just got off the phone with  BT CS in Dublin, they've re-opened a new correct fault (not a landline fault like Web Chat did) and are sending out a Fiber Engineer on Monday. 

More updates after that visit I guess.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 211

small_ow_ping.jpg

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 211

OK so something interesting is happening.... I thought there was a link between netflix loading weirdly and the ping issue... turns out I might be right...

Netflix wont load properly AND watching a Twitch Stream resulting in the ping logger graph results below:

Netflix_notloadingPingLog.jpg

This is what it looks like when Netflix doesn't load properly.netflix_notloading.jpg

Once Netflix starts loading properly, i'll post another PingLogger graph to see what's changed if anything. Somehow I think once the loading is with netflix is gone, i'll start getting ping spikes again.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 211

Ok so that didnt take long to come back. Netflix is now loading correctly and I can watch shows as usual.

netflix_loading_correctly_website.jpgnetflix_loading_correctly.jpg

This PingLogger graph was taken while watching a Twitch Stream and while on the screen on Netflix as shown above. It's a bit worse than before but it's a lot better than it has been....

Not going to cancel the Engineer since I dont think this is going to last but.... it's an improvement and will maybe provide more information as to whats going on.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 211

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND we're back to square one.PingPlotter9pmAfterfix.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 211

Opnreach Engineer has been, checked the line, Exchange and the DSLAM.... nothing found out of the ordinary.

As expected this issue lies solely with BT's network. Below is an image of PingLogger.... flat line for 100 seconds is where there is nothing using the network, flat as a pancake, the spikes you see happening at 100 seconds + are when I loaded up a twitch stream.

I then closed the Browser window that had the stream open at 540 seconds.

PingLogger_after_Engi.jpg

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 211

Just off the phone with BT, they said they've now marked the Engineer Visit as failed and sent it back out to them so I am now to wait for Openreach to get back in touch with me within 48 hours or so.

Asked what would happen next if the 3rd Engineer Visit doesnt fix it, and the lady said it would probably be sent out to a "BOOST" Engineer?

We shall see I guess.

0 Ratings
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 50 of 211

I had an Open reach engineer today, he tested my line and said I'm getting the correct speed  and my line is perfect he even changed the socket. He said to the problem is from BT servers and there is nothing he can do about it other than report back to them the problem.  

I even launched a game on FIFA and played a Youtube video at the same time and showed how laggy the game was, and did a ping test to show him how high my ping was "388 ms". Funny he didn't even understand what ping and jitter mean lol and he only kept saying I'm getting the correct speed.

I'm tired of being mugged off and paying £42 a month on an unsable broadband where it clearly stats : PERFECT FOR GAMING AND STREAMING ON HEAVY HOUSHOLDS AND LOWEST PING COMPARED TO OTHER ISP'S