cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daveronan
Contributor
Message 221 of 295

Re: Latency Variation (Ping Spikes) during online gaming.

Go to solution

Did you manage to get this issue resolved,i have exactly the same problem for over a year and nothing has been fixed.just endless calls and goin around in circles.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Expert
Message 222 of 295

Go to solution

Yeah, calling doesn't work. No it's still not fixed, as you can see from todays tests.

0 Ratings
Daveronan
Contributor
Message 223 of 295

Go to solution

im giving up on it and moving to sky,bt customer support sucks.12 months of issues and one monthly bill refunded.I doubt they will ever fix it,totally useless.

shamus1
Expert
Message 224 of 295

Go to solution

I can now have Netflix playing in front room and two xbox ones playing online and downloads on pc going on at the same time with no issues at all and I get 36 speeds with sky,when with bt I couldn't even watch Netflix if sons were gaming as they just shouted ping spikes lag and it was argument after argument but alls quiet now.

0 Ratings
Daveronan
Contributor
Message 225 of 295

Go to solution

good to hear that's made my decision for me.i cant play on my pc if someone watches Netflix because my ping spikes up and down.bt don't seem to understand that.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 226 of 295

Go to solution

Hi @Daveronan,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing ping spikes when gaming and running a stream at the same time.

We are finding a lot of customers that are reporting ping spikes have underlying faults on their line. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can look into this for you.

Thanks

Matt

hawicky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 227 of 295

Go to solution

Hey there. Im experiencing the same issues, and its completely unbearable with a shared household of 5 people. If this isnt resolved soon I'm going to be changing provider. How can I also get in contact with the mod team in order to resolve this? Thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 228 of 295

Go to solution

@hawicky 

As it appears to be mostly due to faults on the line. I have asked a moderator to help.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 229 of 295

Go to solution

@hawicky wrote:

Hey there. Im experiencing the same issues, and its completely unbearable with a shared household of 5 people. If this isnt resolved soon I'm going to be changing provider. How can I also get in contact with the mod team in order to resolve this? Thanks

Hi @hawicky 

Welcome back to the Community.

Sorry to hear that you are having ping spikes. We would be happy to look into this for you. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 230 of 295

Go to solution

Funny that as I had engineers out and found nothing wrong but a change of provider fixed it and I know of three other people who had the same.when is bt going to stop all the nonsense and waisting peoples time and tell the truth they have a big problem.waiting for all the usual replies from you guys  that wont have a bad word said about them.also I'm just helping folks who have this problem get it sorted as people who have left bt and gone to sky straight away problem sorted.