cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamus1
Expert
Message 61 of 172

Re: Latency Variation (Ping Spikes) during online gaming.

if they know theres a problem then they should fix it instead of moving you to a different server as what about everybody else using the server?
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 62 of 172

I guess I haven't moved to this new server still facing lag spikes either with YouTube or without. Anyway they told me the process will take 10 days then they will call me back so let's wait and see lets hope it will be improved this week.

0 Ratings
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 63 of 172

@shamus1 your average non gamer user won't notice ping spikes at all since they only use Facebook and Netflix and these things run fine even with high ping. I bet 95% of BT users don't know what ping is.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Contributor
Message 64 of 172

Update, still the same. Engineer visit tomorrow.PingPlotterSunday.jpg

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Contributor
Message 65 of 172

SO the Wholesale Engineer didn't come to the house, and the "visit" was completed at 8am  on the dot. Either didn't even bother going to the exchange or coming here to see what the issue is, probably went to the exchange thinking it was a connection dropout issue as thats that BT keep describing the fault as.

Kinda disappointing this was the outcome, time to get a bit more stern I think.

0 Ratings
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 66 of 172

@h3x1e  did you have the same issue with vodafone ? I'm just asking cause they are the fastest in my area so I just want to know before I switch to another ISP. if these problems follow me to another ISP, I'm probably gonna give up gaming and settle for a **bleep** ADSL connection until we have Virgin available.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Contributor
Message 67 of 172

I had worse issues with Vodafone, that I dont think are fully fixed yet.

Couldn't watch any Twitch streams, would buffer 24/7 on 480p, 720p and 1080p. Ping was fine though.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Contributor
Message 68 of 172

Just off the Phone with a BT. As expected no one had ever made a note of it being a latency issue on their system. The fault has now been raised as a complaint and has been sent to "the offline team" I think the guy said. 

The guy also said "latency is not something we can control" which kinda started to infuriate me.

We'll wait and see what the "Offline Team" say on Wednesday.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Contributor
Message 69 of 172

It seems like the "Offline Team" still dont understand the issue or have been given wrong information from the main customer service team.

As I've said from the start of this issues it's a Ping / Latency / Jitter issue not a Speed / Dropped Connection issue that it keeps being labeled as.

Trying to get Offline Team to email conversation with me so that I can give them in depth evidence that the problem is in BT's network and which servers are probably causing the issue and get it fixed for the majority having the problem.

0 Ratings
matthewuncle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 172

Thanks for the update.  Keep plugging away. 

Happy to provide any pingplotter data as evidence that it is a client wide issue. 

0 Ratings