cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Latency/ping issues not resolves by engineer visit

Hi, over the past couple months the home wifi has started getting big latency issues. Every 30-60 seconds the ping will spike from 20ms to 150-300ms which is making it impossible to play any fps or online video game requiring good ping...

I've been in contact with the video game support (league of legends) and have tested the connection, only to find out it is definitely a problem with my end not the video game servers end. I then contacted BT support, was told there was a problem with the line, we would be receiving a BT engineer visit and compensation.

So the BT engineer visits, says the connection is now faster (not the problem i had in the first place, i said the problem was ping and was told natural variance is okay). So why was the engineer even sent out in the first place? The issue wasn't fixed. What even was the problem with the line lol? But either way, the ping spikes continue. And BT support hasn't got a clue what I'm on about and say 'the line is fine'.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Latency/ping issues not resolves by engineer visit

Are you using wifi or Ethernet?  If a gamer obviously Ethernet is preferable 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Latency/ping issues not resolves by engineer visit

Wifi. This problem never happened before however, and looking down the forum I see a big thread about almost the same issue. I'm certain this is a problem on BTs end.

0 Ratings