cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesg123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Left me with no broadband at all!

Bt after 6 weeks have managed to upgrade my broadband to infinity. Problem is no ones been to change my phone socket over for the new cable. Leaving me with only 4g on my phone. I have tried explaining this to India about 5 times now. There best suggestion was "buy a socket from a shop and get a local technician to install it". Is this right, had enough of em now.
James
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Left me with no broadband at all!

if your have FTTC not FTTP then there is no need for any changes just because you moved to infinity.  you can just conenct your hh5 to the filter and it will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jamesg123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Yes, sorry just figured that out. It's just flashing Amber all the time though? Any ideas
0 Ratings
jamesg123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

are you using the test socket with a new filter 

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jamesg123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Yes, got it plugged in test socket and through my micro filter. Just spoke to technical they think there's a fault somewhere on my line.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

if you are using test socket with dsl socket on router connected by rj11 cable to filter and still nothing looks like not activated

0 Ratings
jamesg123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Yes, dsl cable to micro filter then straight into test socket. Just stays Amber/orange.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

just need to get on to customer services 

0 Ratings