cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Line stats posted - will I get the Infinity 2 speeds I have ordered

I have ordered infinity 2 (exchange just gone live, but they have a few teething problems) , but using the adsl checker link posted on here will I be able to receive it as the downstream rates seem more like infinity 1?

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)3526.87.55.5--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)28.1157.23.3--Available
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Line stats posted - will I get the Infinity 2 speeds I have ordered

From the checker I would have gone for infinity 1 as you cannot get 40mb+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

...so why would BT take the order for Infinty 2 then?, why not say I cant get it when they do the line test

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

you should be able to answer that question your self infinity 1 costs more you should really check the available speeds before ordering yourself
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

If you placed an order for infinity 2 then I think BT will assume you know what you are ordering and have done your research. Different if sales had persuaded you to order infinity 2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Because they will sell you the package you ask for. It's not up to them to decide what you want or need. Infinity 2 does come with other things such as "free" BTNetprotect Plus and more BTCloud storage so it may be it was that you were wanting regardless of the speed that is delivered.

0 Ratings
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

??

Your answer makes no sense, just checked the website and infinity 1 is cheaper, also it was ordered over the phone and the salesman suggested infinity 2 i did not do it online

So are you saying I will get no faster than 35mb ?, if so I may as well cancel and change the order before the line goes live

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

From checker you max estimate is 35mb and you should get that roughly so yes I would change the order to infinity 1 and save some money

0 Ratings
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thank you for all the advice, just one final question!

If I keep the Infinity 2 package (although I now understand I wont get the speeds) will I have a better quality of line. For example with current ADSL the line speeds drop to about 2mb during the evening, does this scenario happen with Fibre?, and if by paying the extra am I "reserving" myself more bandwidth at the exchange hence it would give me my max speed the line allows at all times (and perhaps a better ping?)

Sorry for asking what may appear as daft questions, but I am working on the basis of when I used to pay extra for a business package adsl connection, which although it cost me a lot more money gave me max speeds at all times with no lag

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

No, both infinity products are exactly the same. Just that infinity1 has an artificial speed cap for lines capable of higher speed.
0 Ratings