Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 61

Re: Link BT Home Hub 3a and 3b together

Go to solution

It is a problem with a forum like this, things do tend to get lost in the "noise".

I have got to re-check some of my pages, to make sure that they can be displayed on an 800X600 display.

I stick to very basic html, no frames or scripts, which makes it easy to view on all devices I hope Smiley Wink

Thanks again for your valuable contribution Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 61

Go to solution

Keith

Although BT have and can create a sticky on any forum section, I'm surprised we've not got the option, after all, it is a customer forum.

I have to agree with keeping things simple, that's why I didn't include any images on my first post. I admit the thought did cross my mind but would of been a waste of time when viewing on a mobile phone. Reading simple text on a mobile is much easier.

Thanks for your comment;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 61

Go to solution

It even works on the web browser built into the Kindle if you keep things simple.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 61

Go to solution

Just closing this down.

Glad to report this has been working perfectly with no wifi drop out issues at all

(BT Softphone was a little flaky using the 3b wireless connection - yet to compare with the 3a, but could well be my upload speed or even my hot VP issue biting me in the bum).

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 61

Go to solution

Thank you for posting this guide - it seems to be exactly what I'm after as I have 2 HH3s (1 type A and 1 type B) at home and suffer from poor reception on one side of my house where I happen to have an ethernet cable available.

Can you help me with a few questions to make my tests a little easier....

1. I have previous tried this with a different brand AP as secondary, and whilst I can roam from HH3 (Primary) to secondary AP instantly, I have never managed to get seamless roaming back to primary working. Does the use of 2 home hubs solve this?
  2. I obtained a type B when my type A suffered terrible WiFi connection issues with a few devices in my home - kindle, Android and 1 PC. These seemed to be compounded by the loss of DHCP renewals quite frequently on some devices. Have you seen any of these issues using the type A as primary?
  3. Is there any reason that I shouldn't keep my type B as primary and use type A as secondary?
  4. Have you tried using the same SSID for both hubs to give a seamless roam between APs?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Steve

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 61

Go to solution

DS has updated the guide a bit, the latest version is here.

Link BT two home Hub 3s together and extend your wireless to another location.

brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 61

Go to solution

Thank You

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 61

Go to solution

I've been tinkering this evening, albeit with my HH3 type B as primary and HH3 type A as secondary and it works to a point but I hit an expected issue.

I can roam from primary wifi to secondary wifi but if I try to return it then fails.

Is this a known issue or because I'm using the A and B units reversed (I can't see why this would be however)?

0 Ratings
StuartTheFish
Contributor
Message 19 of 61

Go to solution
Does one have to be a type a and the other a type b as the post suggests? Or should you also be able to use two type a's or two type b's as I'd expect?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 61

Go to solution
Keith's link explains all you need to know
0 Ratings