cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 51 of 61

Re: Link BT Home Hub 3a and 3b together

Go to solution

Ok, so it's seems that both hubs are 'talking' to each other.

Can you see the SSID of the slave hub?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
TinTinLondon
Beginner
Message 52 of 61

Go to solution

Hi DS,

Yes I can see the SSID both from my PC and iPad.

Rufus.png

photo.PNG

Many thanks,

Eric.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 53 of 61

Go to solution

And you've followed my exact instructions?

(Your's is showing as WPA&WPA2 and not just WPA2)

What version hub is the HH3 - a type a or type b?

I've just (well about 1.5 hours ago) put my HH4 back online, so will set my HH3a up with PLA's and see what's what;)

TinTinLondon
Beginner
Message 54 of 61

Go to solution

Hi DS,

Oops Smiley Surprised both my master and slave are set to WPA&WPA2.  I should reset the slave and set to WPA2.  Do I need to change the master to WPA2 only?

My Home Hub 3 is type B.

Many thanks,

Eric.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 55 of 61

Go to solution

Most modern day equipment work fine on WPA2 only, so I'd give it a go on both. Having said that, the hub 3b has been found to be very problematic when using it as a slave. I did have a HH3b but gave it back to BT and obtained another HH3a. I now wished I'd kept it.

When I used a HH3a and a HH3b (slave) I didn't have any issues jumping from one to the other

You could try using the HH's other default IP Address range of 172.16.0.64 - 172.16.255.254 or set the slave hub to a different wireless key - the latter may mean you need to manually disconnect from one hub to use the other, possibly even switching the slave off when you need to reconnect back to it.

What happens if you delete the primary hubs details from your wireless device(s) and then search and connect to the slave, do you get a connection now? (possibly with a different wireless key)

TinTinLondon
Beginner
Message 56 of 61

Go to solution
Many thanks DS! After change to WPA2 on both boxes and change the wireless keys, glad to say the wifi is now working!!!! Thanks for spending time to help me. Have fun with your new HH4 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 57 of 61

Go to solution

Glad to hear it, enjoy;)

Ah, the HH4, what fun!:|

0 Ratings
RW72
Beginner
Message 58 of 61

Go to solution

I just wanted to thank DS for his bullet proof instructions

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/hh3link.html

I'm a novice with such things but I successfully set up my HH3b as a slave with my new HH4 as the primary router.  I didn't deviate from the HH3a (primary) instructions and it worked a treat.

My only issue is that having done a wireless speedtest on the slave I'm getting about 6.5Mps (upload is faster!) versus 35Mps wirelessly when connected to the HH4.  The routers are connected with a BT Vision supplied powerline adapters.  Is this just a sympton of using powerline connectors/domestic wiring ring?  Is there anything that can be done other than running a dedicated ethernet cable between the two?

Thanks again though, I'm chuffed to have a wireless signal across the house.

0 Ratings
tentotwo
Beginner
Message 59 of 61

Go to solution

Hi

I've followed you instructions (HH3a to HH3b) and connected them from HH3a port1 to HH3b BT infinity using an ethanet wire but all i keep getting is the orange/purple flashing broadband button on my HH3b.

Does anyone have any ideas where i went wrong?

Thanks

0 Ratings
RW72
Beginner
Message 60 of 61

Go to solution

So after 8 weeks of my HH3a acting as a complicet slave to my HH4 and delivery wi-fi across the house it has stopped working.

I've reset both routers and set them up again as per http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/hh3link.html but no joy

I've removed the Powerline adapters from the equation - still no joy

I've reset the HH3 again and pulgged my Infnity cable straight into and it delivers a wireless broadban signal so i think the router is fine

It just seems that the HH4 has fallen out of love with the HH3 and they won't speak to each other.

Can the Distinguished Guru or Keith_Beddoe help? Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings