Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leerod53
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Linking up two home hub 5 routers

Hi 

As a newbie to the forum I would be grateful if someone could help me with an issue I have 

I have a new infinity home hub 5 with my BT subscription which runs well but due to poor reception in other areas of the house 

which means I have to put the hub in the centre of the house but this now causes problems as my youview box which has problems with Internet connection to BT Sports etc to overcome this I have purchased another home hub 5 router which I thought once plugging in and connecting to the youview box it would help with the internet strength in this room but I appear to be having problems connecting up both routers. Can anyone help please

many thanks in advance 

leerod53

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Linking up two home hub 5 routers

You cannot connect 2 routers to the same phoneline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Linking up two home hub 5 routers

On both hubs, disable smart setup and split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireles channels. Make sure all 4 signals have different SSIDs. Change the address of the 'slave' hub to 192.168.1.253 and then connect an Ethernet port on the 'Master' hub  to an Ethernet port on the 'Slave' hub with a Cat5 Ethernet cable.

However, something like this would be a simpler and neater solution. http://connectedhome.bt.com/product/mini-wifi-home-hotspot-500-kit-powerline-adapter/

0 Ratings