cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Location test in whole home only shows "no connection"

When setting up the Whole Home system with 3 disks we have successfully set up the first disk connected by ethernet cable to a router, when adding another disk we use the location test to find the best place but the only result is "no connection" unless centimetres away from the first disk. How can this be, what can be done about it?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Location test in whole home only shows "no connection"

Hi. I had a similar issue a few weeks ago when i had to replace the hub and I feel your frustration. In the end i reset the disc that didn't work, paired a different disc first and then tried the one that had previously failed - and it worked perfectly. No idea why!
If you get stuck after that try the Live Chat on the My BT app on your mobile, they are open 7am until 10.45 pm and are excellent - if they cant fix it they will send a replacement which will arrive in ~24 hours. Good luck. Tim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

What Whole Home product have you ? ( Mini , Whole home WiFi or Premium) @TimSmedley sounds like you have BT Complete WiFi and not Whole Home Discs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Update on this with our solution...

To be clear, we have the Whole Home WiFi 3 disk pack, existing service provider is Virgin.

After looking through a number of other forums we found out a few useful things such as turning off the WiFi from the virgin router  this didn't help with the location test in the app, nothing did.

We decided instead to trick the system, with the mobile next to the 1st disk we did the test (only got "good") then set up the 2nd disk where we wanted, got a solid blue light, result. Had to fudge the location test again for the 3rd disk but all worked fine.

We now get fast internet way beyond our boundary so pretty pleased with the result, if the location test wasn't part of the setup process this would have been a doddle, instead we had several wasted and stressful hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Whole Home WiFi 3 disk pack. Thanks for your reply, problem solution in my other reply.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Great news
So it's all working as expected
0 Ratings