cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Log errors, need config help please. (BTHHB5/Orbi)

Hi

Up until yesterday I was using a Netgear Dm200 with my Orbi, but was getting horrendous drop outs.  I was unable to change it to modem only so I dug out my old BTHH5 from under the bed and reinstalled it in 'modem' only mode by disabling wifi banding and DHCP - having read some posts on how to do this, but I think I've gone askew somewhere!! 😞

I've attached logs from the BT HH5 and Orbi RBR50 and screenshots of the IP setups (hopefully).

BT IP screenshot

Orbi IP screenshot 

I know the BTHHB's are not particularly great devices and I am also considering replacing it with another modem if it continues to drop.

BT Log        Orbi Log   

Any help greatly appreciated.   Thank you,  Lauren

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Log errors, need config help please. (BTHHB5/Orbi)

Should have said I'm not on infinity, just standard BB getting about 9MB/1MB
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I don't think you can get HH5 to run in modem only mode and is probably the problem

there are other posts on the forum abouy hh5 and modem only using search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

None of the Home Hubs have a modem only mode.  Turning off DHCP doesn't turn a device into a modem, it will still be routing and natting.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Can anyone recommend a more suitable modem? I'm currently looking at : Billion 8800NL R2 DrayTek Vigor 130 ..other any other suggestions?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If you just want a modem only, your choice is pretty much limited to secondhand Openreach HG612 from Ebay, Draytek130, Netgear DM200 or Zyxel  devices

0 Ratings