Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Losing connection every 30mins

Hi,

I have recently been given temporary copper broadband, while you sort out BT infinity.

I connected my home hub as my copper broadband went live last week.

Within the last 24 hrs, any tablet or phone I use connected to the internet will say after 30mins, Iam not connected to the internet.

The home hub light is blue, I went into admin and it says connected to internet.

So I am assuming it’s the homehub. I have read about the homehub, trying to alter connections for devices on other posts.

Can you help, so far my experience with BT has been disppointing
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Losing connection every 30mins

It could be well be because the 2.4Ghz network and 5Ghz WiFi network are still meshed together, some devices don’t like it. 

Log into the hub. 192.168.1.254 you will find the password on the back of the hub.

go to advanced settings, then wireless, move the toggle bar where it’s says separate bands to on. Click save (don’t forget that bit)

then go back “home” on the hub, click on smart set up and toggle the slider to off. Click save. 

‘Hopefully that will fix your devices from dropping connection. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi, thanks for the reply at work at the minute but will give this a go tonight.

Appreciate the help!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

sorry but you are connecting to the home network and not BTWIFI/FON

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Iam connecting to the home network
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

do you have your devices set to select strongest signal between wifi and mobile data  I have an S7edge and had to turn that feature off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

No I don’t, I have it set to to either 3G or WiFi. With my iPad it’s only WiFi. I have read the same issue has plagued other people
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

If you haven't already done it make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Smarthub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 10

How did you get on @Midniter, have you managed to stay connected to the WiFi? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Sorry I haven’t responded. I switched off the smart hub last night and didn’t appear to have any issues. Will see how it is today. Thanks again for the help.
0 Ratings