cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Lost ability to download torrents!

Just uploaded from a bthub5, to the latest Halo 3. Everything was fine, but suddenly I have been unable to download torrents at a reasonable speed!

Halo3 seems to set port forwarding automatically (clever), I have re-installed qbittorrent, but when I do connect to peers I am getting maybe 1k at best, when before I was getting full speed!

I have checked if my ports are open, they are not, but they never have appeared as open before.

So I have checked the hub, windows firewall, settings in qbittorrent. How on earth do you actually determine where the problem is?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lost ability to download torrents!

Given that Torrents are mainly used for piracy, I doubt you'll get much help on an official BT help forum. You'll probably be better off asking on the Torrent forums. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Torrents can be used for piracy but there are also many legal and legitimate uses and there is no reason that anybody who uses torrents can not seek help on this forum if they are a BT Broadband customer.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Try downloading the latest release of Ubuntu, it's 100% legal and always maxes my connections out.
The BitTorrent version is available Here 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Perhaps BT Web Protect is slowing down your connection?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Nope! Just as dire! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I just had to look up web protect! I do everything manually and as long as it doesn't load up in the router itself then I am not aware of its presence! (and would be quite annoyed if it was installed on my system!)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

BT Web Protect is not installed on your system. It works at a network level not a local level.

You can check if it is activated by logging onto your MyBT the going to "Your Security" > "BT Web Protect".

Message 9 of 10

I think that has done it! Port still not showing as open, but I am seeing sane downloads again 🙂 Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@ollyk wrote:

I think that has done it! Port still not showing as open, but I am seeing sane downloads again 🙂 Thank you!

Just to clarify..... what has done it? It's not clear what you are referring to.

0 Ratings