Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

MK4 Faceplate

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a Master Socket 5C and wanted to purchase a MK4 Faceplate.  Is it just plug and play - no rewiring required?

E.G. Master socket in Garage.  when  smartbub plugged into test, speed stable as is connection.  when i attach the front plate, the speed drops which means internal wiring/extensions causing noise.

I've read that the MK4 will help.  I plan to just leave the Router in the garage (attached to house) and run powerline adapter to effectively ethernet the other connections around the home.  I have this already with hub connected to test socket and works perfectly.

I don't want to have my phone in the garage though and from what i've read, this basically isolates the broadband signal the same way as having it inserted in the test socket and thus activating my extensions for phone again.

Would a MK4 just slot on in place of the existing 5c faceplate?

I've only been able to locate the full package, but i only want to buy the faceplate.

Thanks

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: MK4 Faceplate

Go to solution

if you are having problems with noise due to your extension wiring I cannot see how changing faceplate will help as extensions will still be connected  you really need to find the extension that is causing the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

Its supposed to be a direct replacement, and clips on, just like the 5C. It has the inbuilt filter, and connections to connect any extensions to the filtered side.

There is a thread about it https://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/New-NTE5C-VDSL-MK4-master-socket/td-p/1587173

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Extensions are supposed to be isolated from the broadband signal with the MK4 (unless i'm mistaken)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

@alan_mc wrote:

Extensions are supposed to be isolated from the broadband signal with the MK4 (unless i'm mistaken)

That is correct. Look at the thread I mentioned.

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

my bad, missed that 😞

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

any ideas on where to purchase just the MK4 faceplate.  I can only find the full unti containing the 5C also

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

@alan_mc wrote:

any ideas on where to purchase just the MK4 faceplate.  I can only find the full unti containing the 5C also

That does seem to be the case. You have to buy both parts.

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Just reporting back - bit the bullet and bought the combined 5c & MK4 - spare 5C going in the man drawer 🙂

MK4 Faceplate gave me another jolt and allowed me to use my phone again on an extension socket without impacting the data connection.  Just waiting on a RJ45 to RJ11 connector coming in the post to see if i can squeeze any more juice.

Data Rate is strongest its been and Line attenuation has dropped another few points.

No need for filter on extension socket either 🙂

Still no chance of lightning speed (even though cabinet is fairly close but prob going on a 1km round trip first) but every little helps.

Setup now:-

Garage :- Master Socket 5c with MK 4 faceplate > rj11 cable to smart hub > ethernet to mini hub > mini hub receiver to xbox (Happy son)

Living Room :- Extension Socket > Phone plugged straight in (happy wife not having to go into garage to use phone Smiley Very Happy

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ72025724

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316

Firmware updated:

05-Oct-2017

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 9 Minutes 57 Seconds

Data rate:

3.20 Mbps / 20.49 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

4514 / 20861

Noise margin:

9.6 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

26.7 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

8206 MB Uploaded / 20607 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-3GPS

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 11

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-3GPS

5 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 44

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

84:A1:D1:86:F1:67

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 17.92 Mbps

0 Mbps18.53 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 17.92 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12.97 Mbps-18.53 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 18.53 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 2.9 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 2.9Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateWBC FTTC 18x2 Provide AvailabilityWBC FTTC 18x2 Sim AvailabilityLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean)26.316.54.82.714.1Available----Yes--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)18.18.84.51.26.7Available----Yes--
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

I would split the bands so the 5ghz gets a 5 after existing SSID  many devices are not happy with bands together

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.