cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodvova
Message 1 of 6

Mac address cloning / BT Home Hub 5

I have Infinity 2 package with BT Home Hub 5.

I recently bought Asus AC3200 and would like to use it as a main wired/wireless router in the house.

I don't want to have an extra routing hope, so I thought to setup Mac address cloning, so AC3200's broadband interface has the same MAC as BT Home Hub.

Is it possible ? 

Where can I find MAC address of BT Home Hub 5 broadband interface ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mac address cloning / BT Home Hub 5

@jodvova wrote:

Where can I find MAC address of BT Home Hub 5 broadband interface ?

It's on the Advanced Settings - Home Network - Devices page.

0 Ratings
jodvova
Message 3 of 6

That doesn't give MAC address of a broadband interface, but of internal interfaces (wired and wireless).

0 Ratings
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

It must be the one shown towards the bottom of the Helpdesk page, also shown on the bottom of the HH5.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Are you trying to connect a 2nd router to the phone line at the same time? If so it won't work. If not why are u trying to clone the mac address? You can only have the same Mac address once within the same network. Arp cannot understand multiple devices with the same Mac address. You can only have a mac address known to one device. Multiple IP addresses can map to the same Mac address but you cannot map the same IP address to multiple Mac addresses.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If you are just connecting it on it's own, you don't need to clone the mac address for any reason. Just enter homehub@btbroadband.com as user name and bt as password if required.
0 Ratings