Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MikeF00
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Macbook air airplay problems with BT infinity type A modem

Hi , i recently tried to mirror my macbook air with apple tv via airplay, and the airplay cuts out after a few minutes.( the iphone works ok though ????). I belive i have a type A modem , which is the root of the problem?

Anyway, i understand getting a type B BT modem will fix the problem?.

Is this true , and how do i get a type B ?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PCdoctor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Macbook air airplay problems with BT infinity type A modem

Hi Mate,

I've experienced a similar problem on a BT Hub 3 when using the airplay function on my ipod streaming to my Denon AVR 3313 amplifier   .... The fix is simple , get rid of the BT Router.... Non of the BT Hubs support Airplay !!!  

I change over to a old Netgear DG834GT Router I had in the cupboard  and my airplay works flawlessly now.

Don't waste you time as I did trying to make airplay work with BT Hub.

I hope this helps

Cheers

0 Ratings
MikeF00
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

alright mate , thanks for replying(been a owhile I know). 

i dnt have an old modem kicking around, do you know what new router i need to stop the airplay problems. Also i have 2 boxes from BT . the black curved face one and the open reach white box, which do i need to keep?

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 4 of 4

I have a homehub 4 and AirPlay works perfect on my ipad2 and iphone4s so for £35 after June 1st or free if your out of contract and recontract the its worth a go.

Although on my HomeHub 3's I never really had a problem anyway, sometimes the icon used to take a while to appear with my type a homehub but once established airplay worked perfectly.

I currently have lilo and stitch Disney TV and movie series on an external hard drive attached to the homehub and I stream to the iPad or iPhone from that and then AirPlay it over to the Apple TV with no probs at all.
0 Ratings