cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick2
Message 41 of 46

Re: Macs drop off and won't connect to BTHub - Macs and BT Broadband

Go to solution
Hi. I have a business account and am trying to follow the instructions using my iPhone and they do not tie up with your description above. Can anyone help?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 46

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer forum.

If you are a business user you need to post on the business forum

https://business.forums.bt.com/

You would be better to use a computer to log onto your Homehub as the interface on an iphone probably won't show all the information you will need.

0 Ratings
Mikef1
Message 43 of 46

Go to solution

My MAC connected to my Home Hub 4 for a year with no problem but then started to fail to connect or drop out. Assumed that it was a software glitch, since it had worked fine initially and all our other devices connect without problem. Have spent a year Googling many solutions, some of which worked temporarily, and many hours trying to connect until I came across this, having finally associated the issue with the Home Hub.

Using the procedure outlined the problem was solved in 5 min. Some would appear to have spent hours talking to Apple or BT help personnel without progress. Since the solution is sitting there on the BT Help website you would assume that BT/Apple personnel would be aware...

0 Ratings
KeefFM
Beginner
Message 44 of 46

Go to solution

Well I’ve read the thread and tried the ‘fixes’ and experiments and I’m now convinced the Hub5 is not fit for purpose. Before joining BT we had a Netgear Router linked to our Virgin Hub. The latter worked but was far slower than the Netgear, even though they were almost the same product. Not one problem with the Netgear running 5& 2.4hz networks, which we need tied together.

We run a iMac, iPads x2, Macbook x2, Apple TVs x2, B&W speakers & a printer. We share iTunes across the network. From the start the Hub5 was problematic. Printer kept dropping out, partners Macbook on/off all the time, kitchen speaker dropping out, Apple TV upstairs couldn’t be found often.

We experimented with splitting the networks, those that relied on 2.4hz still kept disappearing, one ATV, one Macbook, the kitchen speaker and the printer. The Hub appeared to have an upgrade and the Macbook won’t join it at all now. Ironically it easily joins the BTFON local network outside! 

The BT HUb5 generally is 2/3rds of the power on 5hz as the Netgear in terms of wifi speed and clearly poor penetration.

We’ve totally given up on it and plugged the Netgear in to it and turned off the wifi. Quite frankly we don’t expect to spend weeks trying to make product like this from a national company work. 

0 Ratings
PaulG1
Message 45 of 46

Go to solution

Many thanks.  This issue has been bothering me since I got my laptop in October.  (BT would only offer me the option of joining their Tech service for a year, at £10/month.  Simple problem, simply solved.  Thanks again.

0 Ratings
fdodd
Message 46 of 46

Go to solution
This worked perfectly for my MacBook Air 2015 running macOS Mojave. Thank you!
0 Ratings