cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 46

Re: Macs drop off and won't connect to BTHub - Macs and BT Broadband

Go to solution
Done all the above and now my mac seems perfectly connected to the wifi. Run diagnosis and it says everything is ok. All green. However MY BROWSERS STILL DO NOT WORK! Any thoughts?
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 46

Go to solution

0 Ratings
neilho
Message 23 of 46

Go to solution
This worked a treat. Many Thanks; BT should pop this on their FAQs. Bloomin' MACs being awkward!
0 Ratings
jfkyachts
Beginner
Message 24 of 46

Go to solution

Personally, I do not think it is a Mac problem, more that BT is trying to be too clever with its dual range wireless frequency....without checking the kind of connections and platform that everyone is using. I don't think we should blame the Macs!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 46

Go to solution

@neilho wrote:
This worked a treat. Many Thanks; BT should pop this on their FAQs. Bloomin' MACs being awkward!

You mean like this

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
Popsicola
Message 26 of 46

Go to solution
Thank you so much for this! I've been having issues for so long with this problem and had tried everything. BT and Apple were of no help whatsoever and I thankfully stumbled across your post. Problem sorted. Thanks again!
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 46

Go to solution
Thanks so much for this Chrismith92. Peace at last!
0 Ratings
Heisenchick
Beginner
Message 28 of 46

Go to solution

@Chrismith92 Wherever you are - THANKS THANKS THANKS a ton. I have been struggling with this issue for years. Changed flats (not bcs of the broadband issue, but, just saying). Changed computers (from Mac to Mac). Changed routers. Changed channels of said routers. Restarted router and computer about 10^120 times. Nothing worked - until now.

Many thanks for the detailed instructions as well (I am as far away from a computer nerd as humanly possible and sometimes some of those forums left me thinking I couldn't understand English)

0 Ratings
mrh2
Message 29 of 46

Go to solution
On a homehub2, it doesn't have 5g signal. The solution was to set the Mac MTU value to 1460 instead of default 1500 in advanced settings.
0 Ratings
kimkim
Message 30 of 46

Go to solution

Hi 

This solved a problem we'd been having on the Mac for months, thankyou!

Only problem now is all of the devices in the house now connect to 2.4GHz and are running incredibly slowly on the internet. None of them seem to have the network with the '5' I have added at the end on the list of networks to connect to.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

0 Ratings