Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
infinidim
Expert
Message 1 of 3

Major issue with BT's Speedtester site and certain versions of Java

I have found a major issue with the BT Wholesale Speedtester site and Java.

I am currently developing software in Java and need version 1.7.0.3 of the Java runtime environment to test the software that I am developing. When I installed that version on my machine the Speedtester site started saying that there was an error and wouldn't let me run Speedtester. This has happened with version 1.7.0.2, 1.7.0.1 and 1.7.0.0. The last version that Speedtester works with is version 1.6.0.31..... 

I believe that BT Wholesale / BT Innovate & Design need to work with Oracle to address this issue urgently as version 7 of Java is being used by a lot of developers because of the improved performance, stability and security. It also contains Java programming language enhancements that enable developers to easily write and optimising Java code.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
infinidim
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Major issue with BT's Speedtester site and certain versions of Java

Java has just updated to version 1.7.0.4 and this still doesn't work with the BT Wholesale Speedtester site.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Major issue with BT's Speedtester site and certain versions of Java

could it be that V6 is the one used by all customers unless like you they are developers. there is no general release of V7 apart from developers.

I am sure that btspeedtester will be updated when V7 is on general release but I would be surpised if before then

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings