cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 81 of 207

Re: Major problem with BT Internet web hosting

Quote: shwillow - and as my son tells me, your loyalty counts for nothing dad and you should move to another company.

I totally agree with your son. This issue has been on-going since last Wednesday and whilst the host server seemed to be running stable earlier today, it seems to have become unstable again.

Even though they are trying hard, it seems BT are unable to resolve this issue.

What BT need to do is think; "what software have we installed/updated lately and to which servers?" Roll-back the server/s to see if it resolves the problem.  SIMPLES!!

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 82 of 207

Something seems to happening too the good in that I can now upload amended files to my site via ftp, however uploading is far slower than normal.

0 Ratings
Muckypaws
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 207

Here's an alternative address, the one the replied on.

Internet.support@btinternet.com

I have the same issue now, in that I can connect to the FTP server, but updates are very slow, approx 2-3 minutes per document PUT, where a document is approx 12kb.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Muckypaws
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 207

Whilst on the subject of latency, I regularly (at least daily) test my line speed using www.speedtest.net, and normally my PING is < 40ms, it has since Tuesday this week been 400-700ms, confirmed by pingtest.net also.

Checked the obvious at my side, router, modem etc, nothing changed.  But I wonder if this is indicative of the changes made to the network this week, or is it just me?

0 Ratings
pratesi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 207

I was happy to see I can at least use my ftp to *see* my files on my club website but, slow as it was, was unable to get to the right file to upload something... before the message came up "blocked call". Not to mention the website itself fails to show up on IE... unless I'd hit the refresh key several times.

I sincerely hope the moderators *ARE* listening to us and get this problem sorted out quickly. We use the BT webspace to provide browsers and potential clients a service and rely on people viewing our wesbites. Without the services being available they have cost us dearly the past week.

0 Ratings
daveindevon
Contributor
Message 86 of 207

I have this morning sent the following email to two bt addresses and will keep the forum posted with any result.  In the meantime, can anybody here answer the questions please?  Thanks, Dave T.

-----------------------------

As you are probably aware, nobody had been able to view any btinternet.com page since last Friday, although they appear to be getting ‘fixed’ now.  This forum will tell you the extent of the problem:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Major-problem-with-BT-Internet-web-hosting/td-p/52143

There must have been millions of personal web pages not working including our own village & church pages.

Our phone calls trying to report the fault have resulted in most people (including myself) being passed to various departments including those in India & Ireland, none of which knew who was responsible for the maintenance of btinternet web servers.

Please would you answer the following:

1.    Who manages btinternet.com web servers.

2.    How can we contact the right department by a) phone, b) email.

Thank you.

[PS, as I type, one has just bounced back - the one to 'internet.support' given earlier in this forum, looks like the address is wrong in some way]

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 87 of 207

I can sometimes see my files but even when it does work it is very slow.

I still can't connect via FTP.

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 88 of 207

Same here. I just hope that now it's Monday BT are working on this and someone from BT will come on here and tell us what's going on as well as offer an apology.

0 Ratings
seamaid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 207

I found a ~contact us~ page on the BTplc site and sent the following on Saturday which hopefully might be read and answered by someone today.

"Please would someone visit the BT Care Community forum string at http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Major-problem-with-BT-Internet-web-hosting/td-p/52143/highligh... and read about the problems that many are having with your Btinternet web servers being down resulting in no access to our web page access and no ftp possible.  There is no explanation anywhere on the BT site and no information available when people have called BT.  Perhaps you could either comment there or let me know if someone is aware of this problem and if it is going to be addressed.  BT is supposed to be the top communications company in the UK and to have the web servers down (or intermittent at best) does not reflect well. "

I live in Suffolk and am sorely tempted to drive to BT at Martlesham Heath and see if I can speak with a ~real~ person who might have some answers or know who we might be able to contact.

0 Ratings
daveindevon
Contributor
Message 90 of 207

Well done Seamaid, hope you get a reply.

Web pages seem better but ftp takes ages just to connect.  I have struggled to find any form of contact that doesn't involve a call centre
- camping out on someone's doorstep is looking a likely option! Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings