cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seamaid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 207

Re: Major problem with BT Internet web hosting

After my site being back online yesterday afternoon and evening, this morning it is down again and I get the same "problem loading page" message as I did before  -  I use Firefox browser.  I also tried yesterday evening to log in to my account for ftp and it just hung there after the following messsage.

STATUS:>    Connecting to ftp.btinternet.com (ip = 213.123.20.91)
STATUS:>    Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
ERROR:>    Timeout
ERROR:>    Can't log in. Still trying...

This is totally bizarre as, whilst writing this message, I thought I would try one page again and that has now opened yet the other parts of my site (that opened yesterday) are still giving the above message! Gremlins abound methinks!

Will keep checking in here to see if any further news updates are available.

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 207

I'm getting intermittent access to my files, but it's very slow even when I can access them. I have been unable to use ftp to upload or delete my files since the problem started.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 33 of 207

@Muckypaws wrote:

Currently still no joy, am seeing either a connection request closed by the FTP Server, ftp.btinternet.com or an error stating that the account isn't associated with webspace.

If I try and go to my webspace, I get the following error :-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, www-server-admin@lists.btinternet.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.btinternet.com Port 80
At least there's another email address to report the issues on.
Surely a BT Moderator can start investigating this issue properly as it appears that we are all in the same boat?

Hi.

The above error message is "normally" received when trying to access your webspace on an email address in the account not associated with the webspace.

I saw a similar thing yesterday when trying to ftp to one of my sites, and the ftp error message gave the equivalent message.

There is clearly some form of server malfunction/misconfiguration at present.

0 Ratings
brinuk1
Message 34 of 207

I have had the same problems. Unable to access my web sites via FTP. Unable to view any pages on my web sites.

BT hosts 4 webs sites for me and all are affected in the same way. This has been going on for at least 3 days now!!

There seems to be a major problem here.

0 Ratings
seamaid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 207

I had a thought and wonder if this is anything to do with the problems and has anyone else received the same kind of notice?  I remembered I received an email from BT Yahoo on the 22nd September so went and checked it out.  It was actually addressed to seamaid@btopenworld.com  ( I have only just noticed that yet got to me though my email address is actually seamaid@btinternet.com !) and gave the following information which I will copy here…

“From: "BT Yahoo! Anytime" <btcomms@btcomms.com>
Organization: BT Yahoo! Anytime
Subject:?We’re_changing_your_account_number
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:16:30 +0100
To: seamaid@btopenworld.com

If you can't read this email properly, please visit
http://view.btemailsonline.com/2010/09/15/cisp_migration_type4.html

We’re changing your BT Yahoo! Anytime account number

Hello Elizabeth

We’re sprucing up some of our systems over the next few months, and we need to change your BT Yahoo! Anytime account number as part of the work.
What do I need to do?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing. We’ll make the change automatically and let you know when it’s done. Your BT Yahoo! Anytime service won’t change and you can carry on using it normally.

Got a question?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To find out more about the change, go to http://www.bt.com/help/newaccount. If you need help with anything else, or to get in touch, go to http://www.btyahoo.com/dialupassistance

Thanks for being with BT.

Best wishes,

Warren Buckley
Managing Director, Customer Service

We sent this email to your email address because you subscribe to a BT service.”

I have checked out those links and didn’t get anywhere with them and wonder if this is anything to do with all the stuff that is happening at the moment.

PS (by edit)  Since just posting this message I checked my pages and some of them are back up again!  It's like a yo yo!

0 Ratings
brinuk1
Message 36 of 207

Re: BT FTP webspace not working

I am getting exactly the same message when I try to use FTP to upload to my web sites.

0 Ratings
SteveWales
Beginner
Message 37 of 207

I've had problems most of the week - webpages/images on my BT webspace being unavailable and only appearing intermittently.

Also connections to the BT FTP server are down most of the time.

Fortunately I'm in the process of transferring over old archive to a new host (Vidahost), which has so far (touchwood) been far more reliable. When it's back up again, I'll finish off. I'm also starting to store photos I need on Photobucket as another solution - avoiding reliance on BT as much as possible. No complaints about the broadband connection, but the webspace and "maintenance" is pants.

0 Ratings
daveindevon
Contributor
Message 38 of 207

99% no connection to FTP or to my www.btinternet.com/~myname....site.   Reported on phone yesterday to a gentleman in India, who after some time agreed they are aware of it and 'working on it'.  Still not working, 2 days now.  I usually get this message if trying to get any btinternet.com site:

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.
    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.
    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

BT - please sort this out!

0 Ratings
leamphil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 207

I'm also unable to ftp to update my webpages (though the pages are still visible through http).

The error messages I get are:

Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error:    Could not connect to server

0 Ratings
leamphil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 207

Just retried for the 4th time and I connected.  But then it failed to upload my file with the same messages as above:

Status:    Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

0 Ratings