Message 21 of 27

Re: Manual DNS settings please for home hub 5

Yep, it's a VDSL2 capable modem/router.

0 Ratings
kaicho
Beginner
Message 22 of 27

Cheers. I opted for the slightly more expensive DSL-AC68U. I like Asus routers. Superb range. And there's nice custom firmware available. Should have that Home Hub rid of tomorrow. I'll post it back to them!
0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 23 of 27

I'm running the Tomato firmware on my Asus which is really good with many features.

There have been issues previously that have indicated that no matter what DNS provider you choose, BTs transparent proxy can override this.

You can try changing your DNS and see if you can reach a site blocked by the Gov. for example. 

If you want to really be sure where your DNS is going these alternative firmwares support DNScrypt which currently cannot be intercepted.

0 Ratings
IPLondon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

When I choose disconnect in my HH5 options, then I do not get any options to choose AUTO vs MANUAL DNS? However, it will automatically choose BT DNS upon reconnection? 

Is it not possible to set DNS manually?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

you can set the DNS on individual devices not on the hub5 you can only change the hub 5's DNS on the Business hub 5
0 Ratings
Highlighted
micronaut
Beginner
Message 26 of 27

could BT consider adding this option for the home version as your DNS servers are frequently unreliable nation wide??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

I'm sure they 'could' consider it, but they won't.

0 Ratings