cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Master Socket Box rewire

Go to solution
I was decorating and knocked some of the wires out of the box so I opened it up and dont have a clue what wires go in what port. Four wires- black,green,white and orange. Number ports 123 456
Can anyone help?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Master Socket Box rewire

Go to solution

Chances are the incoming line is on pair 1, the orange and white wires. Connect them to 2&5, doesn't matter which way round. If that doesnt work, disconnect and connect pair 2, the black and green wires to 2&5.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply, i dont use the box for my phone as i dont have a phone plugged in. I use it mainly for wifi which keeps coming up Internet may not be available (sky wifi). The green wire was plugged into port 2 but the other 3 where out. It looks like the black wire was in a port as it looked chewed at the bottom. There was a bit of tiny blue wire in port 1 which is strange as i dont have a blue wire and also a tiny bit of brown wire in port 2 but the green wire was on top of that. I was trying to send a pic but not sure how to do so as this is my first time on this forum.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply, i dont use the box for my phone as i dont have a phone plugged in. I use it mainly for wifi which keeps coming up Internet may not be available (sky wifi). The green wire was plugged into port 2 but the other 3 where out. It looks like the black wire was in a port as it looked chewed at the bottom. There was a bit of tiny blue wire in port 1 which is strange as i dont have a blue wire and also a tiny bit of brown wire in port 2 but the green wire was on top of that. I was trying to send a pic but not sure how to do so as this is my first time on this forum.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
It worked with Black in port 5 and green in port 2. Thanks 🙂