cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HL1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Master socket faceplate

I’ve had a problem with buzzing on my landline and have just been on the phone with BT. They have identified a fault with the master socket faceplate but as they say it’s safe to leave it in the test socket with faceplate hanging and wires exposed and the buzzing has gone they would charge to pit in a new faceplate. Surely this isn’t right? They will charge £85 . Is there anything else I can do as don’t want to leave it like that it’s unsightly 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Master socket faceplate

Just buy a replacement from well known auction site and fit it. Or get a local telecom engineer from paper

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Which one does it look like as its more likely that the buzzing is coming from any extension wiring?

Master socket with one socket

Or

Master socket with two sockets

0 Ratings
HL1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Top left one

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@HL1 wrote:

Top left one

Do you have any other extension sockets or wiring, and are they connected to the back of that part that you have removed, like this?

Extension wiringExtension wiring

If that is the case, then the buzzing is coming from your extension wiring.

I have never heard of a master socket like that causing interference, if it does not have extension wiring on the back.

0 Ratings