cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Mesh Recommendation? for BT Fibre 900

Hi I have third party Wifi 6 router with BT fibre 900 and would like to   improve the speed to more rooms/ garden as the signal speed it very weak .  Does anyone use any particular extenders/mesh or are they no good? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mesh Recommendation? for BT Fibre 900

I use Netgear Orbi. Good coverage and not too expensive. My version is RBR40 plus one satellite. Covers a house 1600 square feet and into the garden. My version is outdated but there are similar updated versions available.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks I will have a look at that Does the orbi replace your modem router then as the AX88U is big as it is in the room with the antennas. Had a look at the AXMini D4 by ASUS but not sure if it any good. What speed do you get the furthest with 1 Satellite
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The Orbi connect to the ONT (the modem) and manages the satellites.

I consistently get  150mBs around the house.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I currently use the TP Link Deco M9 Plus, which provides very consistent 450 Mbps coverage everywhere in my house. The house is 4 bedroom, around 20 years old and is the usual modern build plasterboard walls, so no solid walls for the signal to get through.

The M9 are great, quite fast and never drop connection. They obviously cannot make the most of the 900 Mbps connection as the best I can get is around 450 Mbps on any single device. Most of my stuff is hardwired into switches and anything on Wifi doesn't need more than 450 Mbps, so I'm happy with them for now.

As Wifi 6 becomes a little more mainstream and more importantly, when prices come down, I have my eye on a set of TP Link Deco X68 or X90 or possibly the Netgear Orbi RBK853.

0 Ratings