Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Microsoft Exchange Active Sync (EAS)

Go to solution

Hi all, I wonder if you guys can help me 

I have been having intermittent issues with EAS for the last couple of weeks using BT inifinity (wired and wifi).  there are intermittent problems with syncing office 365 OUtlook and I am gussing its an issue with EAS.

I am using Microsoft Exchange Active Sync with native android 6.0.1 email client, Outlook 2016 (desktop) and Outlook 2013 (laptop) to connect to both my corporate office 365 and and my personal email.  This is NOT BT email but 3rd party systems.

Outlook/Android Email all syncs fine outside of BT Infinity (4G, other wifi etc).  but when connected to BT wifi on my home broadband it can take an age to sync or not sync at all.  The big issue is not only am I heavily dependant on EAS on my devices (for work and lesiure) but  my mobile my calendar (which is vital) will clear all events if it doesnt get a reliable connection with EAS.  

I have seen no outages on the BT status pages and tech support have been next to useless.  with a closing statement of..

***edited by Mod***

how do I get information on DNS problems or routing issues.  My Outlook clients report connection errors when viewing the "Outlook Sonnection Status".

as above I have confirmed that Microsoft do not have an issue and my Corporate provider is also OK.  The fact it works fine outside of BT Infinity suggests the issue is with BT.  There have been no configuration changes on the devices since the problem occured and all accounts are configured using Microsoft Autodiscover.

Thanks for your help 

Hoping i can reach the correct technical people.......

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Microsoft Exchange Active Sync (EAS)

Go to solution

Try disabling IPv6 on your devices.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I may not be correct here but my opinion is that you are using and ISP residential router which is configured for "one size fits all" which they very rarely do.

I've always used my own router which suits my needs, allows me to set DNS servers etc with no problems.

ISP equipment (IMHO) has always been locked down with crippled firmware.

Your call though. Depends how important it is to you.

0 Ratings
Kevyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi thanks yes I could disable TCPIP V6 stacks but I dont think my Android 6.0.1 device (Samung s6 edge) has an IP6 stack.  All the devices communicate on IP V4.

0 Ratings
Kevyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

HI there - yes I am using a HH6a.  yes its a residntial device but has worked flwalessly for the last 8 months.  its only in the last 2 weeks the problem occured, the hub runs firmware SG4B10002244  which was updated in December 2016.  its worked fine with this Firmware in last 3 months.

I guess I wondered if there was a routing problem on the BT network and how to find out if such a problem exisits and if other users are having the same issues.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Unfortunately as I don't use BT's DNS I can't assist further.

0 Ratings
Kevyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

OK thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Have a read of this thread.

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Kevyn wrote:

OK thanks

Licquorice beat me to it.

There are problems with Outlook 365 and IPv6 at the moment.

0 Ratings
Kevyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks all, disabled IPV6 ULA and removed IPV6 stack on my Windows devices.  It seems to have helped.  problem with disabling IPV6 on  Android 6.0.1, looks like you have to have rooted phone to disable.  However the issue seems to have improved somewhat.

Much appreciated for all your help, even if my thanks is a little delayed!

0 Ratings