Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kiritpatel
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Mini wifi home hotspot 500 and iphone problem

I have set up the mini wifi home hotspot 500 kit to my plusnet router but i have problems with the connection on my phone.

I have cloned the kit so it uses the same username and password.

On my phone it connects autonatically and the internet works, but sometimes it stops even though it shows full connection and then 30 seconds later is starts working again.

On my laptop there is never a drop in connection it only seems to be on my iphone 6. I could be in one place using tbe internet on my phone which would be working and then it would take forever to load, in the end i would have to turn off wifi on my phone and just use my 4g connection.

I notice this only happens when the hotspot is on. If i turn the kit off, i get good connection on my phone without any problems. I only purchased the kit, so i can extend the connection to the back of my house. But the problem occurs where ever i am in the house.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mini wifi home hotspot 500 and iphone problem

This forum is for customers of BT phone and broadbandl. Plusnet have their own forum, as your issues may be specific to their equipment. As you are no longer a BT customer, please could you post on their forum.

Try Plusnet forum - Index | Community Site

0 Ratings
kiritpatel
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply but the topic was relating to the BT product not my internet provider as there is no issue with my internet service.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The only support for that product, is via the helpline number that came with the product. Nobody on this customer to customer forum would be able to help, as its not a BT Phone or BT Broadband service issue.

We are all just BT customers here.

If you look on the Plusnet forum, you may find someone else using the hotspot 500.

Search link https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=hotspot+500

0 Ratings