cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 83

Re: Mitel Office IP Phone DHCP Discovery Issue

I’m unable to press any numbers as it won’t move off of the DHCP screen, there is a way to type in the IP but I can’t remember how 😞
0 Ratings
Message 72 of 83

I agree with @Keith_Beddoe , it's complicated so am having a look now for you.

one question @meg_  which you may or may not know.

Does the phone (via the web) connect to some server or teleworker server?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 73 of 83

@meg_ wrote:
I’m unable to press any numbers as it won’t move off of the DHCP screen, there is a way to type in the IP but I can’t remember how 😞

If all else fails, ask you IT people, and suggest that a static IP  address may help.

I do not know much about IP phones, but its possible @CJT80  or another forum member might be able to help. Its worth trying this before you buy another router.

Its just a pity that there was nobody on the business forum that could help you.

Message 74 of 83

I’m really sorry I’m not too sure 😞
0 Ratings
Message 75 of 83

@meg_ wrote:
I’m really sorry I’m not too sure 😞

Maybe best to try another router, as suggested, and see if it can respond to the DHCP request. Its just that the static LAN IP address seemed a simple thing to try.

Message 76 of 83

@meg_ 

For now I'd go with @Keith_Beddoe 's suggestion 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 77 of 83

The other option would be to use a separate DHCP server, and turn off the one in the hub. I had to do that when I had the original Home Hub 1. I used a spare wireless access point.

It still involves an extra  bit of kit, and knowing how to set it up.

Message 78 of 83

I’ve ordered the router so maybe for now I’ll see if that works (my fingers and toes are crossed lol), if not I’ll try using a spare wireless access point, is that option expensive?
0 Ratings
Message 79 of 83

@meg_ wrote:
I’ve ordered the router so maybe for now I’ll see if that works (my fingers and toes are crossed lol), if not I’ll try using a spare wireless access point, is that option expensive?

Not really, but its a bit of a waste of a wireless access point, as you would normally turn the wireless off. It can be quite tricky to setup, as its easy to lose access to the setup pages if you get it wrong. You end up having to reset it again. I only used it because it was a spare one.

I am also not sure whether you can disable the DHCP server in the BT Business hub, especially if it has BT Assure, as it may affect the way that backup works.

Message 80 of 83

Update: The new router didn’t work unfortunately 😞
0 Ratings