Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jojowad
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Mixed speeds?

I've just started with homehub 4 after I swapped from Sky. All devices on the system are around 14mb download wherever in the house they are but my PC has suddenly dropped to 0.1/0.5 MB even though the signal strength from the hub is full on. Can't connect via ethernet due to home geography! Any advice welcome!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mixed speeds?

There are a couple of pages that may help, you should find an answer there.

Wireless connection problems

Network connection problems and possible solutions

0 Ratings
jojowad
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for this but I can't really see a solution. I've tried a wireless repeater before (with Sky early hub) and it needed help itself! I can't use the powerline adapters as I'd lose TV. TBH the signal indicated on my PC is 4/5 bars and as I said other devices are fine at same range. Thanks for taking time to reply, much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

could not use powerlines to just connect between the PC and the hub that should not affect your TV
0 Ratings
jojowad
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for this. In the end I completely re-arranged everything! I tried using ethernet between PC and hub and got 14MB. So I moved the hub upstairs, ethernet link to PC and power adaptor to TV downstairs. This takes out 2 sockets for multi-socket use but it works. I've also had to USB link my wireless printer as that doesn't connect to PC (even though it is connected wirelessly to hub and shows as 'connected' on PC  before clicking 'print'). I can't help but wonder if my AVG package has something to do with this! It wouldn't let me link to XBOX via Windows Media Centre when I tried. Strange it was all Ok with SKY though (not XBOX, other stuff). By the way, the  ratings 'star' at the side of posts isn't working for me either!!!! I'm getting an iMac soon: let's see how that fares!

0 Ratings