cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Mk3 Openreach socket as an extension of master socket?

@davidw87 wrote:

Thanks all for the info - I may leave it for now and see how it goes, with the option of doing what @imjolly suggests above.

The DLM change makes sense as I noticed the line speed increased from about 50 to 55Mbps. Worth noting that the Home Hub only managed a max of 45Mbps!

If you are getting sufficient wireless coverage, then I would leave it where it is. Mine is located in an upstairs room, and covers the whole house, and our next door neighbour`s house (separate building), who use our guest network. They have all Apple stuff, and that connects just fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 22

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

I have seen it on my daughter`s TP Link router, but it does not happen on my ADSL connection.

Kieth, by any chance do you have DLM turned off on your ADSL connection?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 22

@davidw87wrote:

The DLM change makes sense as I noticed the line speed increased from about 50 to 55Mbps. Worth noting that the Home Hub only managed a max of 45Mbps!

Nice increase! Did you notice any values change like SNRM?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

you cannot turn off the DLM  - many wish they could for varying reasons

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 22

Even on ADSL?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

@Techwizz wrote:

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

I have seen it on my daughter`s TP Link router, but it does not happen on my ADSL connection.

Kieth, by any chance do you have DLM turned off on your ADSL connection?

No, but it does not interfere with my connection. I do have very occasional noise issues on the line, which can be cleared by ringing my phone from a mobile, but that has been going on for many years, and would be difficult to locate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

@Techwizz wrote:

Even on ADSL?

even on adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

@Techwizzwrote:

@davidw87wrote:

Nice increase! Did you notice any values change like SNRM?

No, the SNRM remained at just below 3dB.  I assume 3dB is the target? I just read an article from last year which says BT were rolling out 3dB targets by default, rather than 6.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

Surprised DLM managed to increase your speed if no changes were made. A crosstalker maybe went offline?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 22

@Techwizzwrote:
Surprised DLM managed to increase your speed if no changes were made. A crosstalker maybe went offline?

The house had an inactive BT line which was reactivated on 15 October and I then connected the Home Hub. The only change since then is that the Hub started rebooting and playing up in other ways, so I replaced it with a TP-Link router on Sunday (and that in itself caused almost a 10Mb increase in line speed).

What's a crosstalker? Is it related to a crossed line?

0 Ratings