Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Mobile Phone not connecting to WiFi

Go to solution

I have had the same bt homehub for several years and I have had my mobile phone for several months. 

The last 2 days my phone will not connect to my by WiFi despite me re-entering the password. All other devices have maintained connection.

When I try and connect it says connecting and then changes to saved. I can connect to bt WiFi but not my specific WiFi and therefore I can no longer control the lights in my home using the phone.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mobile Phone not connecting to WiFi

Go to solution

Have you tried restarting your mobile?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I'm afraid that hasn't fixed the problem. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Have you added any new devices to your wifi network recently

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Helenwilce 

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

The hub`s internal connection table can get full, and the only way to clear it, is with a factory reset.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I contacted my phone manufacturers helpline at the same time and they have resolved my problem. Thanks for your input though

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Helenwilce I'm glad you got it sorted, are you able to share the solution with the community as it may help others who are experiencing the same issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I ended up having a chat with a guy at Google as my phone is a Google pixel, I explained that I had tried re-entering the password on my phone after forgetting the original details.

He appeared to be able to access my phone remotely and could follow what I was doing. He instructed me to forget and re-enter the password again and this time it connected.

I don't know if he was bug fixing his end without me knowing about it so I would recommend having them on the line while you reattempt things you may have already tried 

Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Helenwilce many thanks for sharing that, it may help others experiencing the same issue. Cheers

0 Ratings