Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claironimo
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Mobile phone will not connect to Hub

Go to solution

My computer connects to homehub perfectly but my mobile phone keeps "disconnecting". It then searches and connects to BT Wi-fi, Openzone or BT FON instead of my BT Home Hub. 

It has started all of a sudden as this has never happened before. My mobile is a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray. 

My mobile gives me the option to "connect" to my hub then suddenly disconnects. I have tried switching the hub and mobile on/off, clearing all the wi fi networks on my mobile and re typing the SSID and password.

Thank you for any help.  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mobile phone will not connect to Hub

Go to solution

Try resetting the home hub to factory deafault, as sometimes the config gets corrupted.

Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Also, please try a standard font so we can read your post more easily.
0 Ratings
claironimo
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thank yo for the reply.This has not worked. I am now not sure if it's a hub problem or the mobile itself. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

There is some more help on this page.

Wireless problems and things you can try, to resolve them

It could be the phone. Try deleting all of the stored wireless settings again, and then scan for the home hub.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

When you say you reset the Homehub did you do the factory reset by pushing a pin into the reset recess on the rear or a "soft" reset by pressing the reset button or switching the hub off and on?

As Keith had said, you need to do the factory reset, then forget the networks on your phone, switch it off and back on and let it rescan and find your Hub then enter your passkey details etc.

claironimo
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Keith and thanks gg30340. I ended up having to amend my security setting on the Hub to WPA only. Somehow this has resolved it.

I have no idea why this happened now and all of a sudden.

0 Ratings
Minilocke7
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

How do I delete the stored wireless settings on my Iphone and Ipad?  I have already reset my Hub and that didn't work, the phone and ipad still keep connecting to BT FON and not my BT Hub.  Thanks

0 Ratings
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Minilocke7 

You can forget these networks by following these steps:

Open Settings > Tap Wi-Fi > Tap the ‘i’ in a circle next to the WiFi you don’t want to connect to > Press ‘Forget this Network’ or disable ‘Auto-Join’ so your device will only connect to this network if you click it and won’t automatically.

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'