cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Moved hub then put it back but have to now restart at least once a day for wifi devices to connect

We changed our kitchen so went to move the hub - unplugged everything (power was off anyway) then found that we didn't have the right length leads so put it all back exactly as it was..... but it's not been the same since!

At least once a day I have to restart the hub because my wireless printer has lost connection or the sky has dropped and won't reconnect. The restart fixes everything every time but I'm sure the process takes longer each time and obviously shouldn't be needed in the first place....

I have looked at the wires and everything seems to be back as it was before we attempted to move it, and as I said, everything works after a restart, so why are wifi devices dropping after a few hours???

anyone??

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moved hub then put it back but have to now restart at least once a day for wifi devices to conne

Try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

It could also be that something in the kitchen is interfering with the wireless signal which wasn't when the Homehub was in its original position.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: Moved hub then put it back but have to now restart at least once a day for wifi devices to conne

I will try the factory reset once I've finished work for today - thanks - will let you know if it behaves after that.

There shouldn't be anything interfering - all we did was put in a new cooker in the same location as the old one and took out some cupboards so less to interfer than there was before! Also, why would it always affect the same devices?

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

It's not cupboards that interfere with the Homehub it's electrical signals.

Obviously I did not know what you did in your kitchen and I am not saying it is interference I was just saying it was possible particularly in a kitchen where there are electrical items such as microwave ovens, cookers, kettles etc.

0 Ratings