cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ollytron
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Moving all connected devices from HH3 to HH5

I have been using a HH3 for years now and have a new HH5 from BT, but haven't swapped them over yet because I have about 20 to 30 devices that conect from time to time. I don't want to have to set each one up agin with a new conection. Is there an easy way to keep he same name and password from the old hub but put it on the new one, so each connected device doesn't notice the change? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving all connected devices from HH3 to HH5

@Ollytron

Welcome to this forum.

You can change the SSID and wireless password so its the same as your old hub.

This thread may help.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/How-to-change-SSID-Home-Hub-5/td-p/1096880

Some devices, especially Windows 10 computers, will notice the change. They will connect just fine, but will designate the new home hub connection as a public connection, not a private one, so you may have to change that if your computer needs access to other devices on your network.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Just log onto the new HH5 management Advance settings and change the wireless SSid and the wireless password to the same as it is on the HH3. All your devices should then just connect to the HH5 as though it was the HH3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ollytron
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks, that has been a great help.

I'll get and try it over the weekend.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You should be able to switch on and connect to the HH5 with an Ethernet cable and make the changes without being connected to the Internet, so you can make the changes before you replace the HH3.

0 Ratings