cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dickiedot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

My Mac won't connect to my network, error message saying wifi doesn't have an ip address, i

Go to solution

My Mac won't connect to my network, error message saying wifi doesn't have an ip address, it's set to automatically configue but isn't, my phone and tablet are connected,  I'm connected through  BTwifi with fon at the moment, this connection won't allow me to open home hub

Richard

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: My Mac won't connect to my network, error message saying wifi doesn't have an ip address, i

Go to solution
Btwifi/fon is not your home network you need sign in with BTID

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dickiedot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: My Mac won't connect to my network, error message saying wifi doesn't have an ip address, i

Go to solution
I don't understand your answer, where am I to sign in with my btid. My network won't connect to my router but it will connect to wifi/fon
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

if you are trying to connect to BTWIFI/FON then you need to use your BTID  if you are trying to conenct to your home network then use wifi password    if unsure use one of your already home network connected devices to check that you have smart setup turned off and then try connecting MAC to home network again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dickiedot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Where do I find smart setup
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Dickiedot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks very much everyone I'm sorted out now, Apple support fixed it 

0 Ratings
Ianshotton
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, I ha e same problem. Do you mind sharing how Apple support fixed it please?

thanks

0 Ratings