cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
odinius
Message 1 of 11

My Pansonic tv can't suddenly connect to the internet, but is connected to the router.

Go to solution

Today my Pansonic TV  decided to stop working.  All  apps  nteflix bbc  iplayer amazon .... wil not connect to the internet.  altho the built-in browser will.    The  TV network set-up panel shows it is not finding the internet  error 006

I have been googling all night,  checking  TV settings resetting the TV rebooting routers etc.  no luck.  Reading other forums suggest it  might be network routing issue  ( BT problem) .  Anybody seen this issue today ?  I don't know what to do.

Someone suggest parental settings could cause the issue,  which I have now enabled and then disabled just in case... again no luck.  Even tried different DNS settings.  

So I am out of options .... any suggestions welcome.

Regards

A.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: My Pansonic tv can't suddenly connect to the internet, but is connected to the router.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
andymoore
Message 3 of 11

Re: My Pansonic tv can't suddenly connect to the internet, but is connected to the router.

Go to solution

I have also got the same problem this evening. I've tried factory reset on the TV, setting the ip  address manually & usig 8.8.8.8 for the DNS IP - none of these have worked.

0 Ratings
andymoore
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

i have started getting the same problem this evening - have tried everything except the factory reset on the hub

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Me too.  No Netflix or BBC but can get ITV and STV Hub and All 4

Seems to be something to do with Panasonic servers?

0 Ratings
andymoore
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

all working again this morning

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

same here.  The down detector website reported a lot of these issues last night - so must have been a Panasonic problem. It has happened before - the 006 error code.

0 Ratings
odinius
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Yep,  all working now,   now I have to set up the TV again... and  re-enter all the credentials for Netflix,  youtube, amazon.... argh 

Why does Panasonic,  need to have its servers running to allow me to watch amazon?

Ta

A

0 Ratings
JohnR66
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

What exactly did you do to get it running again? I had the same problem, 15 10 2018, 50ex700 series model, every other internet device up and running. Reset router, tv, nothing doing.

Contacted retailer this morning, vague about problem, no notifications from Panasonic, going to collect tv and take to workshop.

Had another go, factory reset on bt infinity router,  entered wireless key, timed out message.

TV menu advised the following, press wps button on router, press ok on tv remote whilst wps light flashing, re-enter wireless key into tv when requested, result.

Had to re-enter passwords and email adress for netflix and amazon prime etc. Very frustrating.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I did nothing as I had not reset anything (apart from the HH5)last night.  I knew it was the TV as I could watch the same programmes on my iPad.  Also the ITV hub worked.  Then I searched this morning and realised it happens from time to time when Panasonic's server goes down. So at 7am I switched the TV on and it was fine. 40EX700B

0 Ratings