Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljm
Expert
Message 1 of 10

My Smart Hub 6

Go to solution

Today my Smart Hub arrived to replace my Hub 3 ( which i've had for 4 or 5yrs. and still runs ok,so will keep it as a backup in case something goes wrong)

I hope i am not speaking too soon, but everything appears to be running perfectly with my Smart Hub, was delivered on time, connected well and set up fine.

I just wanted to let users know that although on the forum you  may read alot of 'doom and gloom' relating to this Hub, there are also users, like myself, who have not encountered any issues whatsoever.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: My Smart Hub 6

Go to solution

Welcome back @ljm

I know people mostly come on to a forum when they're having problems so things normally start on the negative side.

It's good to read a positive post and I'm glad that you're happy with the Smart Hub.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Robbie

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks Robbie!
0 Ratings
Suchard
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
How long have you had it for?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I have had my HH6 for nearly 3 months and no sign of the green light problem or wireless problems

obviously from the forum you normally only see the people with problems with the hub so makes a change to see someone post that theirs works ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Suchard
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
So there is hope, hopefully my replacement hub 6 works like that 😃
0 Ratings
RichardW68
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Re: My Smart Hub 6 - HOW TO Connect with FTTP

Go to solution

I just received my smart hub 6.   I have bt infinitity 1 which is fibre direct to the property.   To install the hub do you merely connect the red ether cable from the red hub socket to the ONT port 1 or do I need to do anything else?   Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Re: My Smart Hub 6 - HOW TO Connect with FTTP

Go to solution
That is all you need to do the rest is just plug and play
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MSilver1
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Recently changed to BT broadband and landline after many years away.  The Infinity package with SmartHub6 sounded very attractive.  

Endless problems since this was installed.  The phone line is ok but broadband keeps dropping out - sometimes 3 times in 3 minutes!  

Endless problems with BT customer service - one day waited 5 hours in various telephone queues, only to be cut off each time I reached the top of the queue.  In 3 weeks I have had no resolve to my problem.  

Eventually got an Open Reach engineer who checked the line, removed the crackle from the exteral connection (BT kept saying it must be my internal line), but the problem persists.  Red light on hub keeps coming on.  Engineer says it could be a fault with the new hub.  

Regretting the change to this so-called wonder hub which connects to a helicopter in full flight!  What is the point of spending millions on advertising when BT cannot provide a decent service or product.  The frustration is continuing, and BT continues to give an appalling service. 

Anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Hi MSilver. I closed my post on 21st July marked 'Solved' so you're much better starting a new post where you're more likely to get a response.
0 Ratings