Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gracie2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

My WiFi has not been activated

Hello,

i have been promised 3 times now that an engineer will come out to my flat to sort my broadband issue. I have also been promised multiple times that my WiFi will be activated at midnight on different nights. Well, no engineers and no activation has happened at all. I’ve been waiting over a month now for my WiFi to start working. I’m paying for something I’m not receiving. Live chat has not been helpful whatsoever. I have been promised slots and days that someone will come out to sort the broadband out for me and I’m starting to get fed up of being lied to by BT staff. How can I sort this out? They closed my complaint and on the BT tracking it says my WiFi has been activated but it has not. My hub is a steady orange light. 

thanks. 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: My WiFi has not been activated

@Gracie2 

What broadband package did you order?

Is your phone line working yet, can you get dial tone and make any calls?

Original thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/How-long-will-it-take-to-install-a-new-line/m-p/2076153#M72390

0 Ratings
Gracie2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Yes someone came over to do the phone line, however nobody for the WiFi, I haven’t had any updates apart from when I have contacted them. 

and also was just a moving home deal 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

@Gracie2 

So does the phone work?

Do you have any other boxes installed in the house, like an Openreach modem with lights on it?

ont.jpg

0 Ratings
Gracie2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

No, I only have the HUB 2 which is plugged into the socket and the bt open reach socket 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Does the Openreach socket have 1 socket or 2? If 2 have you connected the hub to the correct DSL (RJ11) socket without a filter or the incorrect phone socket with a filter?

0 Ratings
Gracie2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

No everything is properly placed. It has 1 socket and I have a filter which the hub is plugged into. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Are you sure it is the master socket? Do you have more than one socket in the property? If you are connected to an extension socket and the master socket is filtered, broadband won't work at that socket.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

These are the different types of master socket.

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

If you dial 17070 on your phone, does the number which is announced, match the phone number on your account?

0 Ratings
Gracie2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Number 2, and yes it does 

0 Ratings